Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs)
These days, IT-based auditing is commonly used to increase audit efficiency. In fact, without the use of today’s standard audit programs, full audits of large volumes of data can now be considered prohibitively inefficient. Such tools can be applied in many internal audits to improve the speed and accuracy with which audit findings are generated.
Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) play a significant role here. This generic term covers a range of tools that internal auditors can use to audit data, programs and more.
In addition to this, Embedded Audit Modules are utilized to monitor ongoing processes and to discreetly alert internal auditors to possible irregularities, errors or weak areas.
We have a number of specialists within our network who can help you implement IT-based auditing and provide you with expert support in the acquisition and use of the necessary tools.
- Support in selecting suitable auditing software
- Setting up interfaces to your systems and databases
- Customizing the software
- Training in the use of basic applications
- Advanced training for specialized applications
- On the job training in the real-world use of the software
- Provision of specialists for data analysis